One Guest Street
Boston, MA 02135 USA
WGBH Boston is America's preeminent public broadcasting producer, the source of nearly one-third of PBS's prime-time lineup and companion on-line content. Its production menu is diverse, including NOVA, FRONTLINE, American Experience, Antiques Roadshow, ExxonMobil Masterpiece Theatre, and Arthur on PBS. WGBH is a pioneer in multimedia (including the Web, broadband, and interactive television) and in technologies and services that make media accessible for people with disabilities. WGBH has been recognized with hundreds of honors: Emmys, Peabodys, duPont-Columbia Awards; even two Oscars. In 2002, WGBH was honored with a special institutional Peabody Award for 50 years of excellence.
WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
- A commitment to foster an informed and active citizenry
- A commitment to make knowledge and the creative life of the arts, sciences, and humanities available to the widest possible public
- A commitment to reflect positively the diversity of our audience, inviting a sense of inclusion and a better understanding of each other
- A commitment to improve, for all people, access to public media
- A commitment to be a trusted partner to parents and educators, providing programming and services that promote the healthy development of children
- A commitment to serve the individual not just as a spectator but as a participant, able and willing to learn new skills through our programs and services
PBS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is a non?profit media enterprise owned and operated by 354 public television stations throughout the US. A trusted community resource, PBS uses the power of noncommercial television, the Internet and other media to enrich the lives of all viewers through quality programs and education services that inform inspire and delight. Available to 99 percent of US-based homes with televisions and to an increasing number of digital multimedia households worldwide, PBS serves over 75 million people each week.